Ordination Information

Credentials to Perform Marriages

Ministers of any religious denomination, before they are authorized to solemnize a civil marriage, shall file a copy of their credentials of license or ordination, if their religious denomination does not issue credentials, authority from the minister's spiritual assembly, with the local registrar of a county in this state.

Filing Requirements

  • Completed Certificate of Filing-Ordination (PDF)
  • Certificate of Ordination or copy of your credentials
  • Filing fee payable to the Becker County Recorder: $40.00
  • Officiant must be 21 years of age