Continually Improve Performance
Sustainability is about learning and adapting. The Natural Resources Management Department will improve its performance by
implementing processes that help us assess how well we are doing and take action to change our practices when they do not meet the performance
measures we have set. We will:
- Establish objectives and targets for environmental performance.
- Set challenging performance measures for objectives and targets, management practices, and operational activities.
- Monitor our performance through inspections of all land management operating activities and other monitoring activities.
- Conduct rigorous internal audits focused on assessing the effectiveness and adequacy of what we do.
- Report, track, and trend problems and the actions taken to respond and prevent problems from recurring.
- Use information gathered from the different self-assessment activities and from research, changing public expectations, regulatory
requirements, and government policy to adapt and improve forest management practices and systems.