Skip link #3:
Skip to section/department menu
On a rotatable rack just inside the entrance to the Library you will find a series of books and materials which are prepared
and supplied by the Office of the Minnesota Attorney General. These publications deal with a variety of legal issues and topics
and are keyed to Minnesota law. A copy of any of these books or materials is available for the taking. Any changes in the law which have
occurred after these books and materials were published will—of course—not appear in them. To determine whether such changes
have been made, you would need to consult an attorney or check with the appropriate government office. These books and materials
- The Car Handbook
- Minnesota's Car Laws
- Transferring Title to a Motor Vehicle (Single Page)
- Conciliation Court
- The Credit Handbook
- Credit Reports (Single Page)
- Guarding Your Privacy
- Landlords and Tenants
- Manufactured Home Parks Handbook
- Managing Your Health Care
- Probate and Planning
- Seniors' Legal Rights
- Veterans and Service Members
Books and materials on additional topics will be added from time to time.
The following books are available in the Law Library for patrons wishing either to represent themselves in court or merely
to become familiar with the general principles found in various areas of the law. It should be noted that not all of these books are
keyed to current Minnesota law and therefore may not apply to your situation. These books can be found on shelving located
beneath an overhead sign reading "Self Help Materials", but are not allowed to be removed from the Library:
- Neighbor Law
- Legal Research: How to Find and Understand the Law
- U.S. Immigration Made Easy
- Everybody's Guide to Small Claims Court
- How to File for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- How to file for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Fair Debt Collection 7th Ed.
- Repossessions 7th Ed.
- Fair Credit Reporting 7th Ed.
- Unfair and Deceptive Acts & Practices, 8th Ed.
- Consumer Bankruptcy Law 10th Ed.
- NCLC Reports with Binder
- Unbundling Your Divorce
- Minnesota DWI Survival Guide