Resources and Services
Because of the many advances in both computer hardware and software, much, if not most, legal research nowadays is performed
online. As such, the number of law books maintained and kept updated by the Becker County Law Library has been considerably
Currently in book form the Library maintains one set of Minnesota Statutes and one set of Minnesota Rules, both printed by
the State of Minnesota. Also available in printed form are a number of reference books and self-help materials as described below.
In addition to these paper holdings, the Becker County Law Library has a work station with a computer terminal and printer
which is available to patrons for use in doing legal research. More about this computer terminal and the Library's online
research resources are set forth on the Online Research Resources page.
At the present time, the following reference books and materials are available in the Library's reference section near
the entrance of the Library. These books are not allowed to be removed from the Library, but are available for use in the
Library by patrons:
- Minnesota Attorney/Paralegal/Secretary's Handbook
- Minnesota Judges Criminal Handbook
- Diccionario de Terminologia Juridica NorteAmericana (Ingles – Español) Becerra, ed
- Diccionario de Terminologia Juridica Mexicana (Español – Ingles) Becerra, ed.
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Ed.
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Thesaurus, 2nd Ed.
- The Indian Child Welfare Act Handbook
- Highway Atlas
- American Indian Law in a Nutshell