Skip link #3:
Skip to section/department menu
Denise Warren - Human Services Director
Human Services News...
In an effort to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Human Services lobby is closed. We are asking clients to conduct their business in other ways other than face to face. For more details, read our notice (PDF). Also, as of 3/17/20, fingerprinting services and genetic testing are being suspended until further notice.
Becker County Human Services was informed by the MN Dept of Human Services (DHS) that the Income Maintenance Unit has met the timeliness rate goal of 96% or higher in both SNAP Expedited & 30-Day Processing of application processing for the full year (Jan-Dec 2016), as well as the first three quarters (Jan-Sept 2017) of the current year. DHS has provided Becker County Human Services with a certificate of congratulations for their efforts. The Becker County Board also expressed their thanks and congratulations at the December 19th board meeting for a job well done. Congratulations, Income Maintenance staff for your hard work!
The mission of Becker County Human Services is to promote safety, health and self-sufficiency by delivering comprehensive,
fiscally responsible services to individuals and families.
The Human Services Director is an appointed position. The agency offers two basic kinds of services:
- Financial Support - to promote self-sufficiency of the residents of Becker County through the programs and services we
administer and referrals to community resources.
- Social Services - subject to a sliding fee schedule.
- See a brief video with an Overview of the Affordable Care Act, which is a component of Minnesota's health reform efforts.
- Learn more about Health Reform in Minnesota.
- MNsure has an easy-to-use website where you can search and compare plans, a telephone hotline at 1-855-366-7873 where you can call
to talk with someone about your options, and places where you can sign up in your community.