Skip link #3:
Skip to section/department menu
Denise Warren - Human Services Director
Human Services News...
In an effort to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Human Services lobby hours are being shortened to 9:00-3:30, and we are asking clients to limit their visits to our agency only when absolutely necessary. For more details, read our notice (PDF). Also, as of 3/17/20, fingerprinting services and genetic testing are being suspended 2 weeks.
Becker County Human Services was informed by the MN Dept of Human Services (DHS) that the Income Maintenance Unit has met the timeliness rate goal of 96% or higher in both SNAP Expedited & 30-Day Processing of application processing for the full year (Jan-Dec 2016), as well as the first three quarters (Jan-Sept 2017) of the current year. DHS has provided Becker County Human Services with a certificate of congratulations for their efforts. The Becker County Board also expressed their thanks and congratulations at the December 19th board meeting for a job well done. Congratulations, Income Maintenance staff for your hard work!
The mission of Becker County Human Services is to promote safety, health and self-sufficiency by delivering comprehensive,
fiscally responsible services to individuals and families.
The Human Services Director is an appointed position. The agency offers two basic kinds of services:
- Financial Support - to promote self-sufficiency of the residents of Becker County through the programs and services we
administer and referrals to community resources.
- Social Services - subject to a sliding fee schedule.
- See a brief video with an Overview of the Affordable Care Act, which is a component of Minnesota's health reform efforts.
- Learn more about Health Reform in Minnesota.
- MNsure has an easy-to-use website where you can search and compare plans, a telephone hotline at 1-855-366-7873 where you can call
to talk with someone about your options, and places where you can sign up in your community.